Friday, December 7, 2018

Low volume finish

I finished this quilt for some dear friends and their new baby boy.  I did not finish it by the time the baby was born, but I wasn't too far behind.

 I started the photo shoot on a nice fall day with lots of sunshine.

I used mostly low volume fabrics, with an emphasis on some tree bark and rock fabrics that I had found at a quilt show.   Half of the accent pieces were dark grey/black and the other half were colored.  Just enough to give it a pop of color.

I quilted it with a wood grain texture.

Later I finished the photo shoot and it was cloudy with snow on the ground.  But I'll admit, that's the way I like it best.


The pattern, Mad Dash, can be found here.

Linking up with Finish it Up Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!