Saturday, February 9, 2019

Leftovers - finished!

Due to poor planning with a recent wedding quilt, I had a ton of leftover HSTs.  So I made another quilt.  Honestly, I love this one, probably more than the original.

We had freshly fallen snow on the day I took the pictures and I took advantage of it.  However, it was also freezing out and my fingers started getting numb quickly.  It limited the amount of pictures I took.

I think on of the reasons I like it is the double sashing.  The slight color change really adds something.

For the quilting, I did chain squares (Angela Walters) in the HSTs.  I did figure 8's in the in between borders.

The back is a minky (of course) that you can just see in the top corner. 

It turns out that I still have a whole bunch more HSTs still in the bag.  So you'll be seeing another similar one sometime.

3 comments:

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!