Saturday, June 6, 2020

Flower garden

My mother-in-law made these beautiful flower for her friend.


I quilted four petals on the flower part and leaves on the leaves.  I matched the thread color to the flower and leaves.  It was a little extra work with all the tails to bury, but it is so fun to use multiple colors of thread.

In the white part I put little tufts of grass.  I did a sideways wave thing to correct the grass...I don't love it.  It kind of looks like water.  I decided to go with it anyway because it's just white on white and it doesn't really matter that much.


2 comments:

  1. Your mom did a beautiful quilt, I love these flowers, very sweet. Burying a lot of threads is not fun, but the quilt is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. iris

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!