Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Finished: ombre HST

I finished this quilt a bit ago, but am having a hard time keeping up on the blog.  I still have a list of everything though, so I expect it'll happen eventually.  Anyway, here's the finished ombre HST.


I got the idea from The Flemings 9.  Shannon used an ombre fabric though, while I used a Kona charm pack + a few extra colors.  (They ended up being Baby Blue, Robin Egg, Bahama Blue, Azure, Capri, Jamaica, Peacock, Lagoon, Turquoise, Cyan, Oasis, Mediterranean, and Celestial.)  I tried to interweave them a bit so that the color segregation didn't stand out too clearly, but I think I only partially succeeded.  I didn't notice it as much in real life, but the picture shows it a bit more.


I quilted it with loops.  I'll admit, the baby, my step-nephew, had already been born by the time I got it on the quilter and I wanted the quilting to go quickly.  However, to make up for the easy quilting motif I changed thread colors as I went down the quilt.  It starts with a very light blue and ends up with a dark blue.


2 comments:

  1. I love your version! The camera does weird things to our quilt sometimes. All that matters is real life. The thread colors are a nice addition.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!