Sunday, July 4, 2021

Finished: Minecraft quilt

It's finished!  Finally.  Can you tell its origin is from Minecraft?

 
Around 2014(ish) my husband and I were playing Minecraft.  He made the floor below, and I really liked the design.  I played with several layouts with the same structure, but could never get anything I really liked.  However, by this time I had bought some fabric...ok, a lot of fabric...for this quilt so it couldn't completely get side-lined. 

I finally put lines in Excel, topped them with green and liked the result.  I didn't have quite enough of the grey or green, so the top and bottom edge have some solids (bluegrass, emerald, and cypress).  Most of the time I expect these ends to be tucked in or under pillows, so I don't care too much.

My husband and I fight over the covers quite a bit, so I did make this extra large for a queen.  It just makes life happier.  Oh, I forgot to show it, but it is backed in minky.  I love the softness.
 
 
As for quilting this monstrosity, I decided to just quilt the cream part with square swirls.  (There are silver swirls in the all the fabrics, although it's had to see.)  The squares matched the Minecraft feel very nicely and I was happy with how it turned out.

 

2 comments:

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!