Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Finished: Scrap Arrows

 It took several years, but I finally finished the scrap arrows quilt!


It's based off an piece of art in the guest bathroom at my brother's house.  I couldn't make it quite the same because otherwise it would have been too big, but they're obviously related.

I got the blocks from the Scrap Bee in during 2017.


So while I was taking the initial photo shoot for this quilt I noticed an obvious stain on the white.  It didn't wash out.  So I ended up unpicking the quilting, unpicking the piecing from that area, and replacing the piece of fabric.  It's a slightly whiter white, but at the same time if you're not looking for it you can't really tell.  I was annoyed that I needed to do it, but was happy with how the fix turned out.  (It isn't shown below.)


To quilt it I did an all-over swirl in white.  The chevrons were so busy that I didn't need anything special.

Since the front was so scrappy, I decided to use scrap minky for the back too.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!