Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Finished: black to purple and green

Black to purple and green.  That's not a great name, but a good description.  In any case, the quilt is finished!


 It's a very large queen size, so it was hard to get a picture of it.  Anyway, you can see that it starts out in the top left with little black, and as you go down you get more and more.  Although it's hard to tell, the quilt was divided into four diagonal strips, each one getting darker.  In hindsight it looks like I could have graduated it a bit more in the second and third sections, but I'm still happy with how it turned out.

I used a loop pattern to quilt it.  It was a large quilt, and I know I didn't want to spend too long on the actual quilting.  I chose a medium grey color for my thread.  It obviously blends in better with the colored fabrics, but I like how you can see it on the black too.

I had my grandmother (in-law) come with me to pick out some of the fabric and that was so much fun!  It's always fun to pick out the fabric, but it was a nice thing to do with her too.  As for my Kona solids, I used black, titanium, graphite, medium green, crocus, mulberry, dark violet, cosmos, palm, kelly, hunter green, clover, peridot, and holly.

It took a while to get to the recipient because she lives in Canada and we decided to save on shipping by having her mom bring it to her during the next visit.  But I was able to see some pictures of it on the bed!  People don't always share photos of their quilts being used, which is fine, but I do love it when it happens.

Oh!  I just realized this is quilt 100!  Although I used my spreadsheet and then found out it only has number 100; I've only finished 98.  I'm getting close!

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!