Monday, November 13, 2017

Pluses

Plus tornado is finished.  Let's be honest...it was finished a while ago.

The pattern is from here and the coloring is sort of from here.  I did less of a rainbow pattern, and the inside pluses are a different color.  I'm not completely sure why I did that.

It is bright and colorful for the little baby though.  When I stopped over to give it to her parents, they both noticed that there was a music score in the inside pluses.  They both, separately, said, "I wonder if I can tell what the music is."  However, it is well quilted and in small squares, so they were not able to figure it out.


I quilted something different in each color family.  I just did whatever I felt like, using thread that was about the same color as the fabric.  Oranges got a double orange peel and greens got back and forth.

Pinks got a double loop.

Blues have a wood grain.

Yellow has sea foam.

Purple has squares and rectangles.

And last, but not least, the background has pluses.

It was a fun quilt.  It isn't my new favorite, as newly finished quilts often are, but I did enjoy picking out all the different fabrics and different quilting patterns.

Linking up with Finish It Up Friday.

2 comments:

  1. It may not be your favorite, but I love how you did the "color family quilting". That was a really good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you quilting in each color is a wonderful idea. I looks amazing. I just finished a plus quilt from a different pattern in solids. It is at the quilters now. I can't wait to get it back so I can finish it for a special great nephew. Yours is fun and I may try that pattern in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!