Saturday, February 19, 2022

Harry Potter nine patch

I love how this quilt turned out!  (I think that about a lot of the quilts.  But nevertheless, this one is no exception.)

The pattern is Urban Nine Patch on Point by Jenny Pedigo of Sew Kind of Wonderful.  The colors correspond to the different house colors in Harry Potter.  (There are several different links with slightly different colors, but I used this one.)  I didn't want the quilt to scream Harry Potter though, so I put the colors in the blocks and mixed up the houses.

I used the following Kona colors:

background: steel
inner background: dove
Gryffindor: Chinese Red and Papaya
Slytherin: Shale and Holly
Ravenclaw: Pacific and Gold
Hufflepuff: Citrus and Black


I went a bit crazy on the quilting.  In the background it's a star stipple - pretty easy.  In the nine patch, the corner colors have a tiny stipple and the other color has some curved lines (using a ruler).  The thread color always matched the fabric color.


Where the blocks met I did some more curves with the ruler, still matching the color of the triangle the curve went through.  If I had to do it again, I'd change this part.  I think it was a lot of extra work for not a lot of coolness...although it does make an interesting pattern and I'm still happy with how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!