Saturday, February 12, 2022

Fading away - finished

This quilt has been finished for quite some time, but for some reason I never got around to officially blogging about it.  Today is the day to remedy that!

I really like this quilt and how it fades into blackness.  While I was pregnant and feeling terrible (seven years ago) all I did was make large strips of scrap fabric.  Most of them were used for a different scrap quilt, but I had enough to make this one too.

I added invisible blocks for the blocks/strips that are missing in the quilting areas, and some wavy lines in the areas that are "supposed" to be black.

It was a fun trip down memory lane, using all the scraps.  While I'd like to keep it, I also only need so many quilts in the house.  I think this quilt will be donated to help with adoption fees instead.  The back, while not shown, is a black minky.  Nothing too special about it other than it's soft.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!