Monday, July 11, 2022

Green Quarter Log cabin - finished

I've been attending a Mom's group at church and this baby snuck up on me quickly.  I knew for most of the year that she was pregnant and yet suddenly the baby was here!

Anyway, I was Queen Bee in January for Stash Bee, so I decided to use those blocks for the quilt.  I started laying them out and realized quickly that it was way to big for a baby quilt.  So I've only used a bit over half of them, which means I can use the other half for another baby quilt!


For the bee block I asked for a log cabin block and then I cut them in quarters.  In hind-sight, this was probably not the best choice for a bee block.  Bee blocks come in with all sorts of tolerances, and then when I cut them the things seemed to get worse.  (I would like to note that I am not always the best at getting the block size perfect either, especially if I'm doing the whole quilt.  I try really hard and am getting better, but I'm often surprised at how some of my seams end up so small.)  I used Kona Hunter Green for the setting triangles.

I used a leaf motif for quilting.  I thought it fit the green theme well.  I didn't quilt on the white squares, because I didn't want the green thread showing up.


As always, the back is minky.  I used a satin ribbon for binding.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!