Thursday, July 9, 2020

Meshing triangles: finished

I've been working on this quilt for quite a while.  It doesn't have a recipient in mind, so it kept getting put on the back burner.  (Actually, I periodically wonder if I could enter it in a show.)

I've called it Meshing Triangles because each color has it's own region, but those regions overlap with several other color regions.   (So, for example, if you look at the top you see the green and orange region.  But if you look two rows down you have an orange-yellow region and a green-purple region.)

I made it with scraps, so how much I actually had of a color needed to be factored in too.  Some of the Kona colors I used include: thistle, nautical, honeydew, lavender, mediterranean, holly, highlight, primrose, carrot, rich red, and medium grey.

I went "all out" on the quilting and did either an up/down or across in the color of the triangle.  So all the HSTs got two colors.  Most of the time I could keep one color always going the same direction, but there were a few places that it needed to switch.  The outside grey just got alternating directions and not the cross-hatch. 

It was a lot of ends to bury, but it was during a productive streak when I was getting all sorts of quilting goals accomplished.

2 comments:

  1. Love it. Being a fan of HST, I love how you played with the colors and the outcome is great.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!