Thursday, March 31, 2011
Today I packed up my sewing machine for the move back to Michigan. I had planned on the time without it though, which is why I hadn't cut anything for this quilt yet. My "comfy" sewing/computer chair is also gone, so I moved to the living room to watch a movie and start cutting.
Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Well, I now have two completed blocks.
This block went together much more easily than the last block with my change in how I pieced them together (left image below). However, I think if I change how I piece it again, it will be even easier (right image below).
I think I'm also slowly getting the hang of dealing with triangles. They're still harder than squares, but I'm getting there. I guess it's all a learning process.
Monday, March 28, 2011
I finished the first (of four) blocks tonight.
While I would usually make all the subcomponents at once, I realized that this is the first quit where all the subcomponents don't end up being rectangles so I wanted to do a trial run. I think I'm actually going to put it together differently for the next block and see if that goes faster.