It is made with scraps of the spinwheel quilt. There are four color categories: yellow, grey, dark purple, and light purple. It is obvious that the yellow was going to stand out the most, so I planned the placement of those triangles. I also planned the light and dark triangles around the diamond in the lower left corner. It is a rather more subtle, but it's still there.
I backed it with minky, because that's my favorite. For most of the quilting I did loops. I was looking for a motif that would be done rather quickly and it matched that of the original quilt. (Although I highly doubt the two quilts will ever meet.)
To make the quilting a bit more interesting I did a 8-pointed flower in the yellow diamonds with yellow thread. (I've been seeing this flower all over. It might have originally come from Angela Walters, if I recall correctly.) I also did some back and forths in purple thread in the light purple squares that surround every diamond.
I tried having my five year old be a quilt holder. It was a little bit too big and too heavy for him, but he's almost there.
Linking up to Finish it up Friday.