Saturday, November 30, 2013

November accomplishments, December goals

For November, my top goals where
1.  Finish quilting the pony quilt. 
Done!  Cupcakes, rainbows, and hearts, oh my!

2. Finish the surprise mini (bind) Done!  With the smallest sneak-peak ever - the back corner in B&W.

3. Finish the top of the picture quilt.
I didn't finish it.  I ended up using Spoonflower to print the pictures.  It took a little longer because of the queue time, but so far I'm really happy with how they turned out.  I was rather nervous since I wouldn't be able to check the pictures as they came out and pretty much got one shot at it, but the quality is good and I'm hoping the quality will stay that way longer than the ink jet fabric.  They're slightly on the dark side, but still look good.  I have one row of three done, but all of the framing is finished.


And the other things that are still on the list, hanging out:

7. Aunt's throw.  The blocks are now in pairs.  I want to lay it out again and double check the values before I put them together in 4s.

8. Pillow for family room.  Progress!  Although I still need to add quite a bit to have it cover the pillow.

13. Baby quilt - Urban Cabins.
  I ran out of blue for the sashing, but made a lot of progress on it this month while waiting for the picture fabric to arrive.

14. Christen's T-shirt quilt.  I did get a few more squares finished.  I ruined one of the T-shirts and am trying not to think about it.  It doesn't look like a super special one and I could do some creative stuff with it, but in the meantime I'm ignoring that square.
22. Quilt Grandma's quilt (ideally by Christmas) - in progress


For December, my top goal (and the goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes) is
1. Finish the picture quilt.  I have everything framed, but need to finish putting them together, quilt, and bind.  Hopefully before Christmas.  I should be in fine shape unless December gets significantly busier than I expect.



I also would like to
2. Quilt Grandma's quilt (this needs to be finished in order to finish number 1.)

3. Work on the T-shirt quilt.

And the other things that are still on the list, hanging out:

4. make the wall hanging for office.
5. pretend to work on scrap quilt.
6. finish green coasters.
7. Aunt's throw. 
8. Pillow for family room.
9. Jeweled floors.
10. Lost piece (almost whole cloth quilt)
11. Baby girl daisy quilt
12. Baby paper airplane quilt
13. Baby quilt - urban cabins
15. Winter quilt
16. Orphan rocket block
17. Quilt mint green baby quilt
18. Quilt nautical quilt
19. Quilt a doll quilt (for Christmas?)

Linking up with Fresh Sewing Day.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with your goals! I love how you keep a list of things that you still want to work on ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a lot done this month, I think. The pony quilt is as cute as anything. I really like your idea for the picture quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little ponies quilt, my daughter would love something like that. Your quilting on your grandmother's quick is wonderful. Did you use a ruler to get the straight lines?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's one busy month and a very long list of WIPs! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!