Saturday, April 24, 2021

Finished: Simply Solids quilt

I finally finished my oldest quilt that has been patiently sitting around for years.  It was part of a bee from 2013...less than 10 years old, I guess that's not too bad.


I really like parts of this quilt, and am just ok with other parts.  For a bee block, it worked really well!  I like the different greens and the different colors that came from it.


I like the large stripes on an angle, but it was a pain to actually make!  I didn't have enough blue fabric, there were weird angles, and it just wouldn't square up.

I'm also not in love with the quilting.  I did a double ribbon, and it's ok but not great.  I don't have enough control/practice on my midarm to keep the spacing right.

I also don't have a person to give this to.  I've realized it's a bit of a problem and am trying to not make quilts without someone in mind.  But I'll keep it around and hopefully the perfect person will show up.  Since it's solids and not a printed fabric, hopefully it won't go out of style.  Oh, I have some Kona colors for the binding: bonsai, kiwi, olive, honeydew, asparagus, and kelly.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!