Monday, April 15, 2024

April 2024 update

Once again, it's been a while since I've done an update post.  Some has changed, a lot hasn't.  But it helps me remember where things are.

Quilts I'm actively working on:

1. Pat's quilt:  I just finished putting together all the scrappy blocks.  I have a few blocks to cut apart and then sew back together (as is a quilter's life) and then I can start putting the blocks together.  This quilt is taking a bit longer than I expected because it keeps getting interrupted.



2. Christmas tree quilt: post the pictures

3. Surprise quilt.  Last time I had just gotten the fabric.  As of right now I have about 70% of the blocks finished.

4. Nathan's quilt.  I need to post the pictures.

5. Stash Bee 2023.  I chose dark greens and yellows as the colors, thinking deep forest with yellow flowers, but several people said they were reminded of Green Bay Packers instead.  I need to lay out all the blocks to see if that really comes through and, if it does, figure out what to add so that it doesn't scream Green Bay Packers.  Or find a baby that will be a Packers fan.



6. Stash Bee 2024. Blue and white lines.  There's some improv, so I'm excited to lay them out and see what it looks like.  I've been holding off while I try to get some other items finished.



Quilts with no progress since last time:

7. baby quilt. I had started this for a baby of someone in my Mom's group, but I've only seen her a few times and I'm not going to finish it before the group disbands for summer.  I think I'll put it aside for the next baby.

8. Scrap quilt. Last time I wasn't expecting any progress in the next six months; that was correct.  It's still waiting.

9. Fabric from Christmas.  I've finished burying some threads, but have a few more to do along with binding it.  I'm currently using it in it's unfinished state, which has surprisingly made me less motivated to finish it.

10. Trying to fit in - left over triangles. I put this on the quilter and got some done, but then had to take it off.  It might be off for a bit yet, but hopefully not too long.  It's small, so easy to take on and off as needed.



11. Winter quilt.  I thought I'd working on this during the winter and haven't touched it.

12. Temperature quilt.  I need to quilt this.  It's from 2017, so it's rather low on the priority list. 


Quilts I haven't started but don't want to forget

13. Nephew
14. Christen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!