Friday, July 5, 2024

A Grandma's quilt

A friend of mine had a grandma that quilted, but passed away in the middle of several projects.  She commissioned me to finish several, starting with this one.  This one was given to my friend's mom, the daughter of the person that made it.

This one came to me all basted, so it was pretty much all set to go.  I had to undo the basting, and I decided I didn't like the batting.  It is more of a polyfil and I couldn't pull it like I normally do.  However, the quilt weighed much less at the end than normal.


I did get to choose the binding, so I choose a matching pink: Kona Rose matched really well.

I quilted a square maze in the log cabins.  It's hard to see, but there are leaves in the white and green borders and wood grain in the pink.  The thread colors were matched in the borders and a light tan in the log cabins.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!