Saturday, September 30, 2017

Doll quilt

Over the summer we had a bunch of friends come up for the week.  The first day in the afternoon the parents of one girl wanted to relax and I was thinking about how I'd miss quilting for the week.  The solution?  Make a doll quilt.

She choose the fabrics.  She didn't get many options because her sister was napping in the room with all the fabric, but luckily I  had two pinks nearby.  We added in some white for contrast.

We cut out the pieces.
She choose the layout. 
 
We sewed them together.

And then we quilted them.  She's the first kid that has used the quilter, and she did a great job.  She had to stand on a small ladder, but it totally worked.  The thread broke several times, and so she made several comments like, "I hope the thread doesn't break!"

After all of that, I don't even have a finished quilt to show you.  But she helped with the binding and tucking the threads into the quilt.  It was a perfect vacation activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!