Friday, September 7, 2018

A rainbow quilt

I do love rainbow quilts.  It also seems as though I like HSTs. I love solid quilts.  And so, I put them together.

The hard part with this quilt was that I didn't know if it was going to be for a boy or a girl.  So I removed red and purple from the rainbow...even though the center does look a bit red, it's just a darker orange.  Then I found out that the baby was a girl, so I added a purple border.


The Kona colors are: coral, carrot, sunny, highlight, sour apple, clover, bluegrass, jade green, cyan, neon blue (by Riley Blake), Mediterranean, riviera, and windsor.  I was using my scraps, so some of the outside strips have multiple colors in them.


I quilted it with arcs.  This is the first time I felt very happy using a ruler.  I taped off the line on the ruler that I was supposed to line up with the bottom of the row and then quilted an arc of the circle ruler.  I didn't try to use the whole circle, and I think that is what made the difference.  It wasn't fast, but it wasn't slow either.

Backed with minky, bound in sateen, and given to the baby.
Linked with Crazy Mom Quilts.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful finish. Love the rainbow affect, and especially the quilting. She will love the minky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the rainbow affect from all of the different colored HSTs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!