Friday, December 21, 2018

Finished: purse

About two years ago, I made myself a messenger bag.  It was getting well used, so it was time to make myself a new one.  (I find it a bit funny that I seem to want a new one every two years.)  This one held up much better than the first one, but there were still some items I wanted to change.


First of all, I decided that I'd try using interfacing.  I've only used interfacing for T-shirt quilts before, but the last purse was a bit floppy.  I also wanted a smaller purse, so that I would put less stuff in it and hopefully lose less stuff.

The last changes included a zipper pouch under the flap and magnetic snaps.  The zipper in the photo above is for my phone.  I had one in the old purse too, but kept putting other things in it.  So the zipper in the photo below is for car keys, a pen, and chap stick...and hopefully nothing else.  I didn't do any inside pockets this time.  The magnetic snaps were a last minute addition since the shorter and stiffer flap wasn't staying closed well.  They work wonderfully!

The messenger bag is modified from this tutorial, and how to insert zippers is from this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!