Friday, April 12, 2019

Q2 FAL

Here we go!  I made some good progress last quarter, even if I didn't work on many items.

1. Lego quilt (M): The couple is big into Legos and used a Lego bear in both of their baby announcements.  I thought I'd try to make a quilt with both elements; we'll see how it turns out.  It's my first time with circles.

2. baby girl quilt (PSVK): This is made but needs to be quilted.



3. E's quilt: She is five years old and needs a new quilt!  We went to the fabric store and she had lots of fabric that she liked, but she seemed to gravitate towards brights, rainbows and flowers.  Her mom wants it to be able to grow with her.

The rest are hold overs from last quarter and I didn't work on them at all...
4. Meshing solid HSTs: This needs to be quilted.  Densely, so the grey variations aren't so prominent.


4.  Scrap bee blocks 2017: This got all put together and now needs to be quilted.  I also want a scrap backing, so that needs to be pieced.


5. Temperature quilt.  I need to quilt this.  It's from 2017, so it's rather low on the priority list.

6. Rainbow Log Cabin.  I need to decide what to do with this.  I was thinking of making it reversible.  If I don't want to do that, I need to just finish it up!


7. Scrap quilt. Surprise, surprise, it needs to be quilted.


8. Winter quilt.  I have the fabric and an idea for the pattern.  It involves triangles and a sketch is somewhere on the blog.


9. Pillow with green/purple fabric.  I just want to make an easy pillow.  I just need to do it.


10. Black scrap quilt.  This is so close to being finished.  I want to square it up before binding, and the task seems daunting.



11. Wedding quilt left over HST II (JNK).  While I don't have a pattern in mind yet, finding one for HSTs will be pretty easy.  I was considering adding in some pink to have a pre-made girl baby blanket.


12. Green stripes.  This isn't square.  I don't really know how to square it up well (or easily), so it's been sitting around for a long time.



Things that don't count for the Finish-a-long but I want to remember them:

14. Jeweled floors
15. Wedding quilt pillows
16. Quilt for Ryan  
17. Trying to fit in - left over triangles
18. Fabric from Christmas


Joining wiht Q2 FAL.

2 comments:

  1. Lots of great projects there. Good luck and have a successful 2nd quarter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that baby girl quilt (#2). Ugh on having to square up that green stripes quilt. I have projects waiting on miracles like that too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!