Monday, April 8, 2019

Rainbow squares - finish

I finished this quilt a while ago.  I'm going to admit, I don't love it.  From this far out it looks nice, but all the fabrics have prints on them and it ended up being way too busy.  However, I do love all the fabrics individually...I'll need to try again with some solids.  (However, several people that I've talked to and have seen it in real life really like it...so maybe it's just me.)

I found the original from SewManyQuilts.  It was created by Julie Herman of Jaybird Quilts.

It got it's photo shoot at my brother's house, as we were visiting for the weekend.  It's always fun to see what I can find in new locations.

The rainbow slowly melts its way across the quilt.  First the red is inside, orange middle, and yellow outside.  In the next strip the orange is in the inside, yellow middle, and green outside.  Etc., etc.

Due to the business of the quilt, I left the quilting pretty minimal.  I echoed the arches on the black fabric in black thread.  I also echoed some parts of the block to get a zig-zag down each color strip.

Aren't these fabrics great?!?  They're from Foundation by Sassafras Lane Designs and the background colors are exactly what I would have picked if I needed "perfect" colors for a rainbow.

This is the only finish I managed this quarter, but at least I finished something!  Linking up with Q1 Finish-A-Long.

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!