Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Finished: running around Mama's cottage

I finished the top for this baby quilt a while ago.  It took me the birth of a baby girl (and an empty quilter) to finally get it finished.


The pattern is on Confessions of a Fabric Addict.  (Although I'll admit I figured out my own instructions to get the size that I wanted.)  I used a random charm pack that I had gotten for purchasing "too much" fabric from the Fat Quarter Shop.  It is called Mama's Cottage.


I added some solids to it to help balance out the colors and tone down the emphasis on pinks.  (It is pretty balanced, but some times I like to balance away from pink for girls quilts.)  I did use a pink and grey minky for the back, so there is still plenty of pink in the quilt.


My quilt holder isn't quite big enough yet.  He tried really hard to hold it up and straight and flat, but needs a few more inches on his arms.

This is the first family that I've given three baby quilts to.  I thought for a while it was the first family to receive three quilts from me, but then I realized I've given four to my brother (phew).


I quilted it with double loops in a very light pink thread.  The quilting went really quickly...either I've been doing a lot of custom work lately or the sewing machine didn't give me many problems or I've gotten a bit better at this whole quilting thing. 

(Part of the Q3 FAL)

2 comments:

  1. Cute quilt and cute quilt holder, gave me a chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty quilt and I love your double loop quilting design

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!