Monday, September 2, 2019

Ovals and Diamonds

My mother-in-law brought over this cute little quilt for me to quilt.  She didn't love it so I was tempted to do a really fast all-over design, but decided to practice my ruler skills instead.


I put a plus of ovals in between each set of diamonds, and then a ghost diamond in the middle of the ovals.  The seams were in just the right place, so this is was and easy to line up the rulers to make sure I was centered or going to the right place.   Most of the ovals came out pretty good, but I need to remember to not try and take the bottom turn without changing my hand position first.  There are also a few diamonds that are a little bigger because I went to the wrong intersection, but I decided to leave them.

1 comment:

  1. Love the quilting but the square on point inside a rectangle block is awesome - makes a dynamic quilt. Does your M-I-L have a pattern for it?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!