Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Ryan's bargello

This was my first attempt at a bargello quilt.  I really like how they look, but I went through a lot of patterns before I found one that I really liked.  The patterns is Harmony Bargello Quilt by Quilting Treasures, designed by Shannon Ownby.


Of course, to make it harder I made it into a mini quilt.  Probably not the smartest move, since it isn't square by any means, but it still turned out ok.


I quilted it with squares and rectangles.  It was a rather hard quilt to quilt, as I kept getting wrinkles.  I finally just decided I could only quilt from the center out, and that solved a lot of the problems.  It also gave me a bunch of threads to bury, but at least the wrinkles aren't bad.


And with a cat.  Just because.  Oh!  I used a lot of Kona scraps in this...Carrot, School Bus, Cinnamon, Grellow, Citrus, Highlight, Kelly, Basil, Clover, Chartreuse, Mint, Honey dew, Nautical, Riviera, Pacific, Water, Blue, and Sky Blue.

1 comment:

  1. I love the colors in this quilt. I also like the fact that you quilted it in squares and rectangles. It adds a bit more whimsy to it. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!