Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Q1 - 2020

Last quarter was surprisingly productive!  I'm not really sure what the difference was from previous quarters, but I'll take it!  I dropped my number of WIPs from 16 to 14 and even made progress on eight of those!

So the QAL has moved solely to instagram. It's probably a good move on their part, but I tried Instagram and honestly, didn't love it.  I think there are several reasons for that, which I'm not going to go into here.  So I'm trying to decide what I'm going to do...I could go back to the monthly one, I could still participate in the QAL on Instagram, or I could not do anything.  In the meantime, I'm going to publish my Q1 list because I find it useful for myself as I keep track of where all the projects are.


1. Meshing solid HSTs: I just finished binding it (by hand!) and need to take pictures.


2. Stash Bee 2019:  The blocks are put together and it is on the quilter.

3. Scrap bee blocks 2017: The backing is all done; I just need to quilt it now.  (No picture because I couldn't find the backing.  I think it's in my pile of big stuff (backings, almost finished things, etc.) but since I couldn't easily find it and I'm not linking up to anything, I gave myself a pass.)

4. Rainbow Log Cabin.  After debating for way too long, I made a winter side too.  It needs to be quilted.



5. Winter quilt.  I started this, but am just not feeling it.  I think it'll look neat when finished, but am having a hard time staying motivated.  I've been finishing up other items in the meantime, so it still all works out.

6. Black scrap quilt.  I finally trimmed it up and it is ready for binding.  I'm planning on getting the binding fabric today.

7. Quilt for Ryan.  This was finished a few days ago and just needs some pictures.


8. Red quilt (stash bee 2020).  I have January...I finished one block and the rest are slowly coming in!  I'd like to give this as a baby quilt for a baby around February or March. 

Items that I haven't worked on for a while, but maybe this will be the quarter for them!

9. Temperature quilt.  I need to quilt this.  It's from 2017, so it's rather low on the priority list.


10. Scrap quilt. It needs to be quilted.  Along with so many other things.  It has actually been started, but then I took it off due to other priorities and it hasn't been put back on for a while.


11. Green stripes.  This isn't square.  I don't really know how to square it up well (or easily), so it's been sitting around for a long time.


Things that don't count for the Finish-a-long but I want to remember them:
12. Jeweled floors
13. Trying to fit in - left over triangles
14. Fabric from Christmas

1 comment:

  1. As for #11, you might consider just finishing it in its wonky shape. I had a quilt-as-you-go that went terribly wrong with a parallelogram shape and one stair-stepped edge. I just finished it that way. The recipient loved it even more for its quirkiness and story. https://appliqueaddict.blogspot.com/2015/03/learning-curve-finished.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!