Monday, November 21, 2022

Meshing Triangles 2: finished

After Meshing Triangles got into the AQS quilt show in Grand Rapids, I posted the news, along with a picture, on Facebook.  It lead to an old friend reaching out and wondering if I could make a similar one for her prayer space.  This was a fun quilt to make, and I love making quilts for people, so I immediately said yes!


I love how this one came out too.  Trying to figure out how to blend the triangles while making use of what I have on hand and not going crazy is always a fun problem.  For the quilting, I did back and forth in the background and in the triangles I did a back and forths in both triangle colors.  

The photo shoot day was rather windy, but one picture almost turned out ok.  The Kona colors I used include: artichoke, bluegrass, camilla, carrot, Chinese red, corn, cosmos, hibiscus, hunter green, mint, Paris blue, sienna, teal blue, and water.  Eggshell was used for the background.

Lastly, I put a hanging sleeve on the back.  I had used some striped fabric that I had laying around since I knew it was not going to be seen.  What I didn't anticipate is that if I also made a sleeve from said fabric it would be much easier to align than normal!  If I'm expecting to make more hanging sleeves in the future I'm definitely going to do this again because everything stayed lined up.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!