Friday, January 13, 2023

Earth Tones: finished

I realized that I needed a semi-quick baby quilt recently.  I know I can always be late with baby quilts, but try to be on time.  For some reason, earth tones kept coming to my mind.  I know they're not all that normal for a baby, but I don't think the baby will really care.  I usually choose colors that I like.  

I found a pattern that looked fun and, bonus, it was super easy.  I saw the quilt first at Quilting By Dawn, although I'm not sure of any further information about the original.  As with most quilts, I figure out sizes and measurements on my own.  I split the colors from the browns.  Based on darkness, I started with the lightest color and darkest brown and alternated color/brown, getting lighter or darker.  I used Kona solids from my stash: Nautical, Sand, Hunter Green, Stone, Teal Blue, Spice, Artichoke, Spice, Waterfall, Eucalyptus, and White.

I did an all-over quilting of seafoam, which is a mix of swirls and pebbles.  It isn't one that I choose very often lately, but it seemed to be perfect for this.

I backed it with a dark green minky and bound it in sateen and it's all set!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!