Sunday, February 5, 2023

Quarter Log Cabins - finished

For 2022 Stash Bee I had asked for some log cabin blocks.  In retrospect, I should have asked for 12" blocks but instead I asked for 16" blocks because I wanted to cut them into quarters.  Long story short I ended up with enough blocks for two baby quilts.  The first one is posted here, and here is the quilt from the second set:


I like how both of them tuned out!  Scrap quilts are so fun.

For quilting I did some squares and rectangles.  I did not quilt over the white squares.

Now, my friend just moved to Miami, so I thought I'd try to be thoughtful and not put any batting in the quilt.  I've done this a few times recently with mixed results.  In hindsight, I should have added the batting.  The thread broke a lot and the quilting quality just wasn't as nice as it normally is.  It makes me really curious as to how the batting can have such an effect on the ease of quilting, but the results are quickly becoming apparent that it's important.



1 comment:

  1. Your blog is highly insightful and educative. Don't quit blogging ❤️️

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!