Sunday, March 17, 2013

A bag

I thought that I had plenty of bags.  But then I decided that I wanted a small messenger bag so that I could carry some baby essentials without having to carry the whole diaper bag.  Since I didn't have one that fit the bill and I did have some beautiful fabric waiting to be used, I decided to make my first bag.

I got the pattern from mmmcrafts (for free!.  I used some great fabric that I won in a giveaway from Jessica at Quilty Habit.
Front

Back

One of the things that I like about this bag, besides being really easy to make, is that is has a distinct bottom. 


I added an extra pocket to the inside, since I figure that too many pockets are better than not enough.  I'll also admit...the inside wasn't finished by the time I wanted to use the bag.  So I used it without the inside in place and the extra strap length stuffed in the bag.  I figure that it gave me a chance to check out the strap length before committing to it.


7 comments:

  1. So cute! I love seeing what you made with your winnings :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute bag! Great idea! I have been thinking of making a small pouch to hold the diapers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bag and a good idea to test the strap length :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bag is so adorable! I like the extra pockets. I never have enough pockets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, I love the size of the bag and the fabrics you used.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazingly cute! Need to make one for myself this summer!
    Esther

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!