Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Bloggers Quilt Festival: Large quilt

For the Bloggers Quilt Festival, I'd like to show He Is Risen


My aunt, a long time ago, had picked out all the fabric.  She gave them to me a few years ago after she realized she'd never do anything with them, along with a book on art/value quilts.

I wasn't quite ready to do an intricate layout, but thought a simple value layout would be nice.


For quilting, I did a wood grain in the cross and rays out from the center of the cross, like sun beams.


"For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life;  Weeping may endure for a night, But joy comes in the morning."  Psalm 30:5

For more information on the quilt, please see this post.

3 comments:

  1. Great quilt. I love how you've framed the cross

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! From the fabric/colors, to the layout and quilting! I love the quilt, AND what/who it represents :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!