I finished quilting the swimsuit quilt for my mother-in-law! It took a while before I figured out how I wanted to quilt it. I thought about doing a beach scene, but wasn't thrilled with the idea. I was looking around some of the blogs I look at for quilting inspiration when I saw some waves from The Inbox Jaunt. It still took a bit before I decided to use them; my first efforts at drawing them didn't work very well.
But after looking at several other things that just weren't working for me I decided to go with the waves. Mine don't look quite as nice, but for the most part they turned out fine. One thing I should have done differently though is to figure out the best way of quilting ahead of time.
I had tons of starts and stops! And then I decided the swimsuits needed to be tacked down a bit more, so I did a bit of stitch in the ditch. If I had realized that ahead of time I could have saved myself so much time. Oh well...not a big deal in the end though.
I also stitched bodies in for the bikinis. It just didn't feel right putting water on top of invisible bodies.
It was rather cold the day I took the picture above...definitely not swimsuit weather.
Finishing this means I met my October ALYoF goal (#35)! I'll also be linking up with TGIFF, Whoop-whoop Friday, and Finish it Up Friday.