Thursday, October 25, 2012

Half way done

I'm about half way done with the quilting on the kaleidoscope quilt.  This area had several lighter areas in it so you can see the quilting better.  Can I tell you how excited I was to be quilting with purple thread?!

Also, I find myself analyzing my stipple and other pictures of stipple that I see now.  There are three main areas: movement across the quilt, consistent density/size, and shape.  I feel like I do well with movement, my density is getting better, and my shape is ok.  I find it interesting to look at other stipples and see how they are formed...such a normal thing, but there is so much variety!

2 comments:

  1. I think everyone's stipple is a little different than anyone else's. It's an individual type of stitch. My stippling also seems to get smaller the more I do it. My first one was quite large but it's more dense now. Yours looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!