Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Bee block - Duck Creek Puzzle

I joined my first quilting bee this year.  I've been looking for one for a while, but it took a while to find one that had a good fit. 

For February, I was asked to make Duck Creek Puzzle.  I'll admit, I was hoping for something easier for my first block.  There were Y-seams and templates, and I'd never done either of the techniques before.  But the instructions were very good and I took more care putting the block together than normal, and it came out great!!  Look at the points!  And the measurements are about is a touch under 12.5", but other people have had the same thing.

So I was comparing the fabrics to the color card I recently got from Kona, and have discovered that the colors that were on the bolt don't really seem to match what the color card said.  As far as I can tell, I used Kona Snow, Clover, Ocean, and Lagoon.  (I think that the bolts said that Clover was Jungle and Ocean was Surf.)  But I guess the names don't really matter too much.  I just really like knowing the names so it bothers me that they don't match.

I'm excited for the March block now!  And now that I have successfully done some Y-seams, I am ready to tackle those again too. :)


  1. This looks awesome, Amanda. Love it.

  2. It turned out awesome! Excellent work.

  3. It's beautiful! I love the colors!

  4. I love the colors together. Can't wait to get it 'home'. Beautiful job.

  5. Those points are spot on, I don't think I would have had the patience!


Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!