I thought it would be rather nice to have some pillows to go along with the wedding quilt that I made for my sister-in-law's sister. I also thought it would be fun to work on something a little different this month.
I made two pillowcases for normal pillows. I didn't have enough Kona Grellow, so they're reversible.
I also made some covers for throw pillows. I only gave her three pillows, figuring she could either swap them out or buy more as desired.
First up we have the light grey (Kona steel). It mirrors the light grey quilting on the quilt with the one inch square squares. It is in a different setting though. Also, I had to use to different pieces to make a piece large enough and it seems as though they might not actually have been the same color. This was very evident after it came out of the wash and I may have freaked out a bit. Now that it's dry it isn't nearly as noticeable, but it is still there. The dark grey (Kona iron) and saffron are just enlarge copies of the quilting from the quilt. The saffron one does have a single white loopy strand running through it. It's subtle.
The other three I played with a bit more. The dark grey doesn't have any quilting. The white has a meander in three different colors, and they all overlap each other. The saffron one has their monogram, which shows up because of microquilting straight lines around the letters. There is also a dark strip on the right where I used a different color thread for a bit.
I think my favorites are the white one and the dark grey with quilting. I'm pretty happy with how the monogram turned out, but the thicknesses of the letters are a bit wobbly.
This was my December goal. I didn't finish in time to give it as a Christmas present, but I did finish with plenty of time by the end of the month!