Saturday, February 11, 2017

interlocking HST progress

I finally all the HSTs made and trimmed, so I started laying out.  The first layout didn't go very well.  The second layout I tried to make more controlled, but that looked ugly.  My third try looked ok.

I stepped away for a bit and then tried again.  I'm much happier with this one.  I had a better starting seed and realized how to make the colors flow between pairs better.  Taking that first picture was a huge help.

I need to make just a few more HSTs to integrate in between some of the awkward spots.  There will also be quite a bit of negative space, but I think that'll look nice.

I also laid it out in an out of the way hallway, so for once I'm somewhat optimistic that it won't get trampled on.

What I need to make, for my own purposes:
4x dark blue, med purple
2x dark blue, orange
4x light green, light orange
3x med red, med light blue
2x med dark blue, med green
4x pink, light blue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!