Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Behind the Seams: ironing board


Welcome to the second Behind the Seams!  This time we're talking about our ironing boards.

I'll admit - mine is one of the ugly ones. I cut right through the fabric in one spot.  (It turns out that rotary blades are sharp!)  There are water stains all over it. 

It is also the small size ironing board, with a length of about 2.5 feet.  While this can be annoying when I'm dealing with large pieces of fabric, it is also about the right size for me to put on my lap.  So not only is it an ironing board, but it is also my portable work station.  (You can see it in action here.)  Maybe I should clean off my desk so that I can use the desk instead, but I've found that when I put my ironing board on my lap it is a really nice height for cutting and pinning.  And it is easier to watch Netflix at the same time. :)

Fabric

This linky party is ideally supposed to be a subject that you can post about if you need some interesting post material.  (Or if you just find the subject interesting.)  With that in mind, I'm making a few changes.

1) The linky part will be open for a year.  I'd like to encourage you to post within the first month, as I'll be reminding people to go back and look at the posts, but it isn't required.

2) I'll be announcing the topic and opening the party on the 15th of each month.  (I'll open the next one up tomorrow.)  This way you can write the post and link immediately.

3) Feel free to link posts that you've written in the past.

Thanks for joining me!

1 comment:

  1. I like the board on the lap idea, and you can move that thing anywhere!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!