Saturday, June 22, 2013

Made it

I pieced the back of the orange quilt together and measured it out.  I had two inches total to spare in the up and down direction.  Hmm...that doesn't seem like enough.  But...I didn't have enough fabric to make it any bigger.  So I decided to just try it and deal with it if (perhaps when) it didn't work.

I put it right up to the edge on the top.  I ended up with about a 1/4" extra. (The shadow on the bottom is the extra.)

That meant I had about 2" left on the bottom.  It fit!


  1. HAHA! That sounds exactly like what I did on my last quilt. I hate 'wasting' fabric to make the back bigger and then when done quilting just chop it off and throw it into a scrap bin. So I cut my backing super small and lucky for me mine worked too!!!

  2. It's looking great! I'm glad that it fitted :)

  3. Your story sounds like déjà vu when comparing with my backing. So happy yours ended up fitting. I was aiming for 3" more on each edge. I ended up with 2" on the top and bottom. I just didn't have any more fabric. Your back is quite lovely!


Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!