Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Rotating squares

Since the baby for this blanket will be here any time I thought I should finally get the pictures up.  I can't believe it's taken me so long to take the pictures...but then usually I finish after the baby has arrived so I am itching to get the quilt out the door.


This quilt started out as a QDAD  design.  I was aiming for something completely different, but still loved how this one came out.  The original had similar colors.
I love the colors in this quilt, even though they're much softer than what I usually use.  Kona asparagus, camellia, and iron make up the darker values and Kona mint and Medium pink make up the lighter values.  The white parts have some light hexagons on them...it is really quite lovely.

 For the quilting, I did (six) petaled flowers and some hexagons with a cross-hatch.  I used a new thread, Superior's So Fine.  It was very nice to work with...I might get more in the future.

Per normal baby quilts for me, it is backed in minky (soft pink) and bound in sateen (light grey).
 

I really wanted to take picture of this quilt with a background of clouds.   I thought awhile about how to do such a think and decided the easiest thing was the back of a different blanket.  Lots of cotton balls would have been fun though.

I took the quilt to a new park and was surprisingly uninspired.  I got another one at a friends house and the rest on my deck per normal.

I'm really, really happy with how this quilt turned out.  It isn't my favorite, but it is definitely up there.

Linking up with Sew Cute Tuesday, Fabric Tuesday, TGIFF, Whoop-whoop Friday, and Finish It Up Friday.

2 comments:

  1. It's a great quilt. I love the quilting you've done on it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute quilt for baby! awesome quilting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!