Thursday, May 11, 2017

Nautical quilt - quilted!

I've had this quilt sitting around for a long time.  It was in a large stack my mother-in-law gave me, but she said she didn't care how long it took to finish.  So it probably took close to two years, when the rest of my quilt tops had all been taken care of.

In the main portion, I used a grey thread.  On the sashing I made a rope (from Angela Walters) and in the blocks I did a bunting that matched two of the fabrics.  I made some waves around the border in a dark blue thread.  I originally did the waves in the swimsuit quilt and it was nice to have something already worked out for a water theme.

The back was a solid, so you could really see the quilting well.  At first I was rather nervous about doing the bunting, especially with the solid back where you'd be able to see all my mistakes.  I knew there'd be several because the design calls for some travel over already sewn lines, and I just don't do that very well.

However, if I take a step back it looks fine.  Even better than fine.  I like how the bunting turned out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting...I love seeing what you have to say!