My mending is done! Hurray!!
Here is a mosaic of it all. They aren't good pictures, nor is the sewing very good, but documenting it helped motivate me.
From left to right and top to bottom...
1) I removed a distracting label
2) I fixed a split seam
3) I sewed on a button
4) I fixed another split seam
5) I fixed yet another split seam
6) I reattached a belt loop
7) I fixed a shirt
8) I attempted to fix a tear in an old quilt...not pretty, but at least it shouldn't get worse.
9) I reattached strings to a piano seat cushion
10) I fixed the first quilt I made. (Bad seam tolerances do haunt you.)
11) I added some darts to a skirt
12) I hemmed some pants
13) I made a car sun-shade
14) I fixed pillow cases that match the quilt in #10.
Phew. Hopefully the pile will remain small for a while now. Or that I can at least ignore it for a while again.